Friday, July 28, 2006

Stryker Family Planning

Planning

 

After much thought and a restless night of sleep, I would like to start organizing a local group. At the Family Readiness Meeting (FRG) I was able to get the names and phone numbers of other wives who are up set about the extension / war.  I have also been asked by MFSO (www.mfso.org) to do a national press release.

 

Before I get started with MFSO I would like to do something to support the families in Alaska.  I would like to have a meeting at my house over the weekend. The sooner the better.  We need to form a group of “community” supporters to help these wives in their day to day lives. We have talked a lot about “actions” in the past. Now is the time to put our money where our mouth is. These women need help with basic things- baby sitters, coaches for the kids, help with Yard work, someone to listen. As a community we have a lot of resources and time. These women have been told that the peace movement is anit-military, that we are against them… It’s time to prove that we are for their best interest, for life, for community.

 

I would like to set up a website with local resources. I am also going to set up a Yahoo group…. I am going to need a lot of help.

 

No comments: