Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vets for Peace Meeting, Thurs 11/30 7 pm Title Wave Books

After one week in Colorado, two weeks in the Grand Canyon and the election! have prompted reflection on what I am doing and how. I realize that even though the American people have voted their concerns about this war, we are a long way from seeing that more war is not the way to make peace. Our voices as Vets are even more important to help our leaders find the way out of the morass.

I have heard from the National Office and we finally have our 10 documented Vets! I will find out exactly what our next steps are to become an official chapter. A writeup done by member Ron McGee on Ernest Gruening was sent to everyone on the mailing list. If you would like to propose naming our chapter after anyone else, please be prepared to make your case. Better yet, if you would send me your suggestion, I will distribute before the meeting so we get this settled.

I look forward to catching up with everyone. Thanks in advance to any of you who can show up at the downtown PAC at 3 pm on Friday, 11/24 (meet inside the PAC outside the Discovery theater). The event for the military families precedes the following tree lighting ceremony at 5:30. So come down early, help out and then enjoy this public event.

PAC 11/24

Jon Lockert

No comments: