Thursday, December 20, 2007

VFP AK December Update

Vets,

 

It has been too long since I have been in contact with you. I have really been agonizing over what we can do and I am feeling paralyzed. It looks like we are going to have our war for another year. I think the American people have concluded that we are will just have to wait for the next president to clean up the mess. I don't agree with this assessment but I have grown weary trying to get more folks to see it our way.

 

I didn't call for a meeting this month because I honestly don't know what direction to go in. Let's hope for some renewal in the new year that will show us our way.

 

I hope you all have a chance to relax with friends and family over the holidays.

 

I appreciate all the good energy we have shared as we try to steer the imperial ship away from the icebergs. Maybe the neocons see it as well except that they are using global warming to try to melt if before we hit it. At the rate it is going, maybe they have something. As Naomi Klein has recently written, global crisis are good for disasters capitalism.

 

I just posted Paul Krugman's piece on Obama/Edwards on the Peace Coalition blog. It boils down to Obama's charismatic gradualism vs Edwards' claim that he will confront corporate power. Let me know what you think. 

 

Jon Lockert

Jon4Paz@AcsAlaska.net

 

No comments: